When it comes to being a true Caring Warrior – a leader who fights the good fight and inspires trust, motivation, solidarity and success in their team – there are six fundamental mental virtues to abide by.
- Abundance: Abundance originates from gratitude for the gift of life. You’re here. You are you. You are unique. There is no one like you before, now, or ever. You have the means and ability to love, lead, learn, and grow – no matter the circumstances around you. The abundance mind-set is believing that there is enough love, opportunity, and success to go around.
- Positivity: Positivity is less a philosophy and more a day-to-day way of being. I woke up to the reality that we can choose to be positive, and when we do, we can’t help but feel better. Feeling happy and positive, we are more kind and generous to others. Positivity is a gift that continues to give – it helps you meet and overcome life’s challenges.
- Courage: The greatest form of courage is to be who we are—to be aligned in our thinking, our actions, and our words. Author Brené Brown gave us her courageous TED talk (one of their most popular ever, with over twenty-five million views to date) in which she talks about Authenticity strikes a balance: “I’m vulnerable, and I’m real, but I also have a lot to bring,” hitting that sweet spot between humility and courage.
- Intention: Intention is your purposeful, fighting spirit. Having purpose surpasses passion because purpose has teeth; it’s gritty. Seth Godin’s definition of grit is “the attitude of someone who realizes he has the power to care and is intent on doing something with it.” Enough said.
- Trust: Trust is thick. Trust begins inside with self-trust: our integrity. Trust can’t be bought, sold, or manipulated. It is hard-earned and easily lost. A Caring Warrior earns trust by what she does, not what she says.
- Justice: Our sense of justice leads us to stand up for others. Whether we’re helping an elderly person with his or her luggage on a plane or calling out rude and unkind behavior, a Caring Warrior is a guardian of goodness
Learn more about what it takes to become a caring and effective warrior. Obtain you own copy of THE CARING WARRIOR: Awaken Your Power to Lead, Influence, and Inspire available for sale in November.